History Repeats, Again!

History Repeats, Again!
History Repeats, Again!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Transistor Radio - Dedicated to Wolfman Jack

Across the lake near the field where the old man’s buried,
There’s a cedar shake church where my sister got married
When sister left home, she know I’d miss her
so she gave me her room and cheap transistor

Transistor Radio
I can still hear the static and wolf man callin’ on my transistor radio

Shoo bop bop bop, da do run run
Pumping from a station down in Tijuana
The church bells rang but they never sounded sweet
as the guitar twang and the big boss beat


Transistor radio.
I can still hear the static and the wolf man callin’ on my transistor radio

Voodoo lotion from south of the border
Back beat commotion and a hint of disorder
Songs about cars, school, music, and girls
Sounds about freedom and a strange new world.

I was a little boy listen to a 9 volt box
Trying to hear the future as the signals crossed
Washing through the air waves from across the nation
Pulling in the music  from a rebel station
I’m back in daddy’s attic and the night is falling
I can still hear the static and the wolf man callin’
I can still hear the static and the wolf man howlin’
On my transistor radio …



(c) 2000 RSG

1 comment:

  1. Ah, those were the days. Then it went to the boom box, horrid, huge, heavy thing that it was. Nice to know we've gone back to something smaller than the Transistor.

    Your sister sounds nice, too.

    ReplyDelete