With the forgivable exception of the world ending (see below), all my other predictions for 2012 came true (here).
Given that I seem to have been blessed with the gift of augury, I feel obliged to offer these prognostications for 2013. (Feel free to add your own in the comment section!)
- Nintendo will release a miniature game console called the Wiini
- Apple will spend its cash hoard to buy a small country for its competitors to live in.
- Momentum to legalize marijuana will fizzle as activists forget what they were fighting for.
- In the USA, gay marriage initiatives will pass in 10% of the states.
- The US Constitution will be modified to allow citizens the right to carry concealed nuclear weapons.
- Texas will finally outlaw forced conversion of vegetarians.
- Admitting that “fluorescent lights really suck,” California will decriminalize incandescent bulbs.
- The British Royal Family will make it official by starting a reality TV franchise.
- Popular baby names will include #Hashtag, Snapchat, and Poke.
- New apocalypse fears will arise when scientists discover an "off by one" math error in the Mayan Calendar.
- The arrival of a very bright comet will renew the global debate over very bright comets.
- Controversial scenes in the new Star Trek movie will trigger outrage from Vulcans.